There are so many image options to pick from that it can be hard to know which ones are right for your business website or blog. If you are creating a new business website or remodeling an existing one, consider the following trending image styles for 2018. They can enable you to create a winning site that will outshine the competition and make people want to do business with you.
Fantasy and Science Fiction
Fantasy and science fiction are two styles that have gotten a lot of attention in recent years. Popular movies and TV shows such as Jurassic Park, Game of Thrones, Star Trek and Lord of the Rings have capitalized on humanity’s fascination with the mysterious unknown.
Including fantasy and/or science fiction-related images on your website or blog does not mean that you need to put up images of mermaids, centaurs or aliens. While some businesses may find that such images are ideal for appealing to a youthful demographic, others may find that they do more harm than good. However, fantasy and science fiction are two styles with plenty to offer. Images that could appeal to older audiences include:
- Images of the galaxy or universe. Shutterstock has found that solar and astral images are particularly popular.
- Images of fantasy landscapes. Surreal meadows, forests, jungles, plains and even mountains can be useful for many websites.
Viewing nature has a relaxing, soothing effect on many people. If you want to create a blog or website that has a soothing, calming effect, natural images are for you. At the same time, nature is not just about greenery and calm rivers. There are plenty of vibrant, stimulating nature images that will inspire your audience to take action.
At the same time, it should be noted that not all natural scenes are trending this year. Stone and stone-like images are particularly popular. Marble, agate, granite and other natural rocks have an inimitable beauty that people from all walks of life are sure to appreciate. Surprisingly, cactus images are also popular this year. There are about 2,000 different species of cactus to pick from so you should have no trouble finding the perfect cactus photo or vector for your site.
The minimalist images that are trending today are not the same ones that were popular a few years ago. Instead, a new form of minimalism is becoming commonplace as website owners and internet users alike discover the beauty of bold, vibrant colors coupled with fluid image designs. Neon circles and lines are particularly popular this year and can make a suitable backdrop for many sites as long as there is a white background for the text to make it easy to read.
Pastel minimalism is also growing in popularity, which is not surprising as pastel art is one of the many trending image styles for 2018. However, pastel minimalism is a trend on its own as individuals of all ages and walks of life come to appreciate bright, vibrant colors with tasteful yet simple designs. Many pastel images with a minimalist design feature a solid-colored backdrop with only one image, making them ideal for business owners who want to highlight a particular item.
Finding Photos and Vector Websites with Trending Image Styles for 2018
Thankfully, it isn’t hard to find websites with trending image styles for 2018. Stock websites such as Shutterstock, Dreamstime and 123rf.com offer a plethora of photos of all shapes, sizes and styles. A simple search will turn up plenty of vectors and images for you to use for your website design or with individual blog posts.
At the same time, you don’t necessarily have to pay for the images you need.
- Pixabay offers literally thousands of public domain pictures that you can use at no cost and without providing a credit on your website. This particular site has quite a few fantasy pictures and vectors for those who want to get on board with the fantasy trend.
- Flickr offers mainly photos and has plenty of images of nature for those who want a website with a natural feel and beauty. However, make sure the ones you use are licensed for commercial use or you could find yourself in legal trouble.
- If you want top quality vectors, then Freepik offers thousands of them at no cost. You can use them for free if you add a credit to the website on your post; alternatively, you can pay a small sum per month to use the images without adding a credit.
If you need professional help finding and using images and/or handling other aspects of website design, feel free to get in touch with Brandgy at your convenience. We offer simple yet effective WordPress templates and themes that are customized to meet your specific needs so you can reach your audience effectively both now and in the future.Tags: digital marketing online marketing small business marketing website design