Pinterest is an extremely effective social networking channel for marketers. It has 175 million users and drives more sales than any other social media channel besides Facebook. Here are some practical tips on how to use Pinterest in order to attract new customers to your website and keep old ones coming back to you.
Identify your Target Audience
The first step is to identify your target audience. However, bear in mind that not all your boards need to reach the same audience. You can create different boards to target different groups of potential buyers.
Careful keyword research is essential for anyone who wants to learn how to use Pinterest properly. Know what words and phrases potential customers are searching for and do a search for them to make sure they aren’t too competitive.
Once you choose the main keywords you want to focus on, add them to your profile, along with your business website URL and other pertinent information about your company.
Pinterest, like any other social networking website, is about being in touch with other people and not just promoting your own goods and services. Get social by tagging other users, liking others’ content and creating Pinterest boards for individual clients and business partners you may be collaborating with to create new projects. Follow industry leaders on Pinterest as well as others in similar industries. For instance, a gardening company on Pinterest may want to follow a landscaping company or a company that puts out eco-friendly news articles.
Use Curated Content
The great thing about Pinterest is that you are expected to use aggregate content. Your boards should not only feature your own products and services but also those offered by other parties. The more inclusive your board is, the more information and content it will be able to offer your users. If you aggregate and curate content properly, your boards will soon become the best resource for people who want to know more industry.
Add Pinterest Sharing Buttons to Your Website
You don’t have to do all the work of promoting yourself on Pinterest. Let your followers and blog readers get involved by making it easy for them to pin your content. Anytime you publish a post with a visual image make sure there is a visible Pinterest sharing button so your followers can tell others about your great content.
How to Use Pinterest Creatively
Pinterest isn’t just for product images. There are many ways it can be used to highlight other important aspects of your business:
- Create a Pinterest board for each important conference or industry event that you attend. The board could feature photos of you at various conferences. Showcase the event in general or focus on an important aspect of the event that your followers would be interested in.
- Use Pinterest to tell your story. If you are a small, family-owned company reaching a local clientele this strategy could work well. Use images to show why you started your company, what the company looked like over the years and how you sold your first products.
- Work with a Charity. If you support a local charity in your area, create a board of collaborative projects or projects you have funded.
- Cross-Promote. Work with a company in a similar industry to cross-promote each other’s products. For example, a business owner with an HVAC company may want to put up pins featuring a home improvement company. The home improvement company would then put up pins that promote the HVAC company. Such deals can be a win-win situation for all involved as each business owner gains access to new clients.
- Use humor to promote your goods and/or services. People love funny images so don’t hesitate to use them. At the same time, make sure your sense of humor isn’t going to offend existing or potential clients.
- Pin regularly. Once you get started on Pinterest your followers will want to see regular pins. Don’t disappoint them or they may go to a competitor to find the inspiration they need.
Choose the Right Posting Time
The best time to post content on Pinterest varies from industry to industry. Do specific research to find the best times for your particular industry and schedule your pins so they get posted at a time when they are most likely to be read. However, don’t feel bound by any schedules you find. Do some experimentation to see when your clients are most likely to see your boards and pins.
If you want to learn how to use Pinterest and other social media channels to their full potential, consider getting in touch with us at your convenience. Brandgy offers various online marketing services that can help you promote your blog and social media content in an efficient, effective manner.Tags: digital marketing marketing Offsite SEO online marketing small business marketing social media marketing