Creating content for your business blog week in and week out can get boring. Thankfully, there are a number of things you can do to regain your inspiration and create winning content. It’s normal to get sick and tired of content creation from time to time but you can pull yourself out of the slump using these tried and proven tactics.
Exercise is not only healthy for your body but also your mind. Choose a form of exercise you enjoy and make at least a little time for it every single day.
Give Yourself Input
You need stimulation in order to create content on an ongoing basis. Thankfully, there are a number of ways to get the input you need on an ongoing basis:
- Subscribe to industry-related newsletters and blogs
- Read or listen to industry-related books
- Watch industry-related videos. These can include not just webinars but also commercials created by competitors and/or those in a similar industry or even movies and TV shows related to your line of work.
- Ask your readers for ideas of topics they would like to see covered on your site
- Get off your computer and talk to people in your industry. Attend conferences, expos and other industry-related events to find out more about current trends, new ideas and products, etc.
Naturally, you will want a way to keep track of all the good content creation ideas you generate from these forms of input. Use your computer, smartphone or even a notebook and pencil to write down content creation ideas you may want to use in the future.
Choose a Time
One reason why many people get sick and tired of content creation is that they don’t set aside a good time to write. You can create content for your site over a weekend or even at night if you’re inspired about it; however, most of your content creation time should be at a time when you are alert, awake and inspired to write. For most people, the morning is an ideal time.
Block out other distractions when you write. Turn off email notifications, Facebook, Twitter and even your mobile phone if need be. The time you set aside to write should be sacred and not to be interrupted for any reason.
Creating top quality content is a lot of hard work, especially if you are sick and tired of content creation in general. For that reason, it’s a great idea to reward yourself for all your hard work. Some writers have found it effective to set a timer for the time they intend to focus solely on writing. When the timer goes off, they reward themselves with a snack or a bit of free time to surf the internet and/or favorite social media channels. Others have found it ideal to set weekly or monthly goals and then celebrate when these are reached.
If you choose the last method, bear in mind that the goals you set should not have anything to do with how many shares, likes or reads you blog gets. Setting goals that are out of your reach will only leave you discouraged. Instead, set goals based on how much content you create within a given time frame. For instance, you can and should celebrate once your blog reaches 100, 500 or 1,000 posts. You can also celebrate if you set a goal to create three blog articles per week and then reach that goal.
More Ways to Beat Being Sick and Tired of Content Creation
- Diversify. You don’t have to create the same type of content all the time. If you have a lot of text content on your site, it could be time to film a short video, create an infographic, record a podcast, add some memes or even interview others in your field in order to give your readers well-rounded advice on a particular topic.
- Take Time for Yourself. Take some off with your family and friends. Get away from your computer screen and enjoy life. Working too hard for too long can cause a plethora of health problems, including insomnia, fatigue, stress, anxiety and depression.
- Reconsider Your Passion. What inspires you the most about your career? Write about your passions and inspirations and people will be drawn to your enthusiasm.
- Delegate. You don’t have to create all the content yourself. Use a content creation service, get others in your industry to write guest posts for your blog, curate content or use aggregate content to give your readers variety.
Brandy specializes not only in content creation but also content marketing to promote your well-written content. Get in touch with us at your convenience and we will provide you with the practical assistance you need to provide top quality content to your readers on an ongoing basis.Tags: digital marketing marketing online marketing small business marketing